Diamond Buying Tips- Color
1) Higher color for rings; lower color for earrings & pendant
The color difference is very noticeable when you compare two stones side by side. There are higher chances that you would put your hand next to your friends’ than your neck or ears; thus, go for higher if you are getting a ring!
However, if money is not a concern for you, undoubtedly, always go for higher color!
2) For Purest: D-F (Colorless); For and excellent value: G-H ( Near Colorless)
* D-H are collection items; I or below are commercial items
|D||Absolutely colorless. The highest colour grade. Extremely rare.|
|E-F||Colorless. Minute traces of colour can be detected by an expert gemologist. A rare diamond.|
|G-H||Near-colorless. Colour difficult to detect unless compared side-by-side against diamonds of better grades. An excellent value.|
3) For Rose Gold/ Gold effect on Diamond:
-whitening yellowish diamonds ( H or lower)
- Add yellow to colorless diamonds ( D-G)
Thus, if you have got a D-F(/G) Color, it is not recommended to set your diamonds in Rose Gold/ Gold.
For more information on diamond 4Cs, please check out here.